St. Stephen’s College, Delhi is organising its 15th Vinod Chowdhury Memorial Debate from September 10 to 17. Register now!
About St. Stephen’s College
St. Stephen’s College is a constituent college of the University of Delhi. It was established in 1881 by the Cambridge Mission to Delhi. The college admits both undergraduates and postgraduates and awards degrees in arts and sciences under the purview of the University of Delhi.
About the Economics Society of St. Stephen’s College
As the department society of one of the most sought after courses in one of the premier institutions in India, The Economics Society has always encouraged the development of economic thought and ideas. Since its inception, the society has been able to achieve this through various inter-disciplinary events that include compelling quizzes, engaging debates, exhilarating models, and paradigms replicating economies using excel and committee simulations.
It has also been recognized and respected by eminent speakers and personalities in the world of economics – Dr. Manmohan Singh, Mr. P Chidambaram, Dr. Amartya Sen, Dr. Kaushik Basu, Dr. Arvind Subramanian, Mr. Shaktikanta Das, Dr. Barry Nalebuff and most recently Dr. Raghuram Rajan and Mr. Debraj Ray to name a few – who have been hosted for lectures and other events.
About the Vinod Chowdhury Memorial Debate
- The 15th Vinod Chowdhury Memorial Event is conducted by the society in honour of one of the revered department heads, Professor Vinod Chowdhury.
- The Preliminary round will be a conventional debate that will be held between September 10 to 11. All teams will be informed about their slots for the Preliminary round, once registered and debate motions will be shared at a later stage.
- The Semi-Final and the Final rounds will be in the format of a British Parliamentary Debate where two teams would collaborate as sides government and opposition respectively. The Finals will be held on September 17.
- Register in teams of two. No Registration fee will be charged. All details will be conveyed to the participants upon successful registration.
- The debate will be conducted online over Zoom and the medium of debating is English.
How to Register?
To register for this debate, click here.
Click here to read the official notification by St. Stephen’s about the 15th Vinod Chowdhury Memorial Debate.
NoticeBard is proud to be the Media Partner for this event.